Our South America operations provided support to our host communities via donations of disinfecting supplies, food, medicine, personal protective equipment and other medical supplies to a range of recipients, including markets, health centers, hospitals, health management agencies and more.
- In Peru, our Cerro Verde operation acquired and installed a modular tent in La Joya District to prepare for a possible new wave of COVID-19 infections.
- We supplied sinks to a local school in the port city of Matarani to support good hygiene and hand washing practices.
- We donated biosafety supplies to the Association of Artisan Shipowners of Matarani and face shields to the Matarani Fishermen’s Union (SPAEMIN).
- In Uchumayo District, we provided baskets with food and supplies to the elderly and individuals with disabilities.
- Cerro Verde partnered with the Regional Health Management Department to provide medical and personal protective equipment for the treatment of COVID-19 patients at Honorio Delgado Espinoza Hospital as well as computer equipment to establish a COVID-19 call center.
- Also, we donated funds to purchase 10 non-invasive CPAP ventilators and provided an oxygen-generating plant and cylinders to the community.
- In Chile, our El Abra operation launched a local Enterprising Entrepreneurs Fund for small businesses to access financial resources.
- In Tocopilla District, we delivered emergency health kits to the fishermen unions.
- We donated medical and personal protective equipment supplies to rural communities in Alto Loa.
- We provided sanitization services to the village of Ollagüe before a religious festival to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- In addition, we provided a fully equipped ambulance, ventilators and other various medical supplies to local organizations.