North America Mining & FCX Headquarters
Minimum Documentation Requirements for New Suppliers
Any Business that would like to register as a new supplier will need to provide the following minimum documents to the site Buyer or Contract Administrator:
- For US Based Businesses - W-9 (current version, all parts completed, signed and dated)
- For Foreign (Non-US) Businesses - W-8 (current version, all parts completed, signed and dated) if performing services in the US or Tax Certificate from your country
To obtain the correct tax form, visit the IRS website.
Suppliers of any size or technical competency can conduct business with Freeport-McMoRan via the Ariba Supplier Network or through a Direct Connection via our Supplier Portal.
These platforms provide Freeport-McMoRan a flexible, internet-based framework for:
- Conducting Electronic Document Exchange (EDE) for Order and Invoice transactions with preferred suppliers,
- Collaborating with suppliers by visibility to content via electronic catalogs and
- Enabling definite order routing using electronic business documents.
For suppliers, these e-business platforms provide a hosted application for receiving and processing orders, or suppliers may opt to integrate their back-end systems with the Ariba Supplier Network or our portal.
If you are a current supplier & are interested in learning more about Ariba or the Supplier Portal, please reach out to a site representative or e-mail FCXSupplierPortalHelp@fmi.com.
Freeport-McMoRan Financial Shared Services (FSS)
Email: Financial Shared Services Client Care
Online: FCX Supplier Portal
Freeport-McMoRan’s FSS Division handles all accounts payable functions, including supplier / contractor invoice payments and processing, for Freeport-McMoRan’s North American operational mining, refining and copper rod sites except Pinal Creek. FSS supports business partnerships between Freeport-McMoRan and its suppliers and strives to ensure timely and accurate payment to suppliers.
- Please direct all invoice, payment and accounts payable inquiries to the e-mail above to ensure prompt attention.
- Inquiries should not be directed to the Branch accounting department.
- Please reference the correct, open purchase order (PO) or service order (SO) number on your invoices to ensure timely payment. Failure to reference an accurate PO or SO number will slow the process and may result in the return of your unprocessed invoice.
- Please communicate Freeport-McMoRan’s need for a PO or SO to your order entry personnel.
Registering for Supplier Portal
FCX Supplier Portal
If you are a current supplier and do not have a Username or Password, click on the self registration link on the login page and follow the instructions listed below:
- Enter Invoice Information: Select a recently paid invoice (invoice date must be within the last 90 days).
- Click "Validate"
- After entering invoice information, a new screen will appear with your supplier name
- Create User Profile by entering the following information:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
Note: Information entered during registration will be used for all future correspondence in the Portal.
Freeport-McMoRan has a standard process for managing service contracts.
Freeport-McMoRan utilizes contractors who exhibit the highest level of safety awareness, ethical behavior and quality of performance. Key contractor attributes include:
- incorporating safety in all commercial decisions;
- exhibiting the highest level of integrity at all times and in all dealings;
- quality of work; and
- cost savings innovation.
For additional insurance and business requirements or specific contracting information, please contact the appropriate supply chain contact.
BACK TO SUPPLIER INFORMATION > NORTH AMERICA MINING & FCX HEADQUARTERS | Peru | Chile | Indonesia | New Orleans Office | Europe